WHAT IS MINIMALISM?
Minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. What does that mean for your business? You are bringing the focus solely on your product or service and minimizing, if not completely eliminating, all of the other things that are not necessary to convey your product or message. These are the things that tend to clutter your site pages and cause confusion for your visitors.
HOW CAN MINIMALIST WEBSITE DESIGNS BENEFIT YOU AS A BUSINESS
Limiting yourself to just the essential design elements will allow you to get extremely clear on your brand message, focusing on what is most important to you and what is the most concise way to grab your visitor’s attention and convey that message. Minimalist website designs give a clear path for web development and maintenance. With fewer content elements you won’t have to constantly update
your site’s design.
A professional web designer (like Dotlogics!) can create an extremely simple yet stunning visual design just for your business. And the updates are easier, so easy you can probably learn how to do them yourself! Plus, many minimalist website designs convert very well to mobile devices. In a world where people are using their smartphones and other mobile devices to access content wherever they go, a responsive website is a must. When you only have a few, straightforward pieces to your website layout it’s less likely to present issues on mobile platforms.
HOW CAN MINIMALIST WEBSITE DESIGNS BENEFIT YOUR CUSTOMERS
Minimalism is still considered unique and gives your site an almost avant-garde feel. Minimalist website designs convey that you’re confident with your simple approach and the excellence it delivers. It also tends to be aesthetically pleasing. A minimalist design makes it very easy for your customers to learn exactly what it is you are offering. Navigating your site and finding exactly what they are looking for is a breeze. This clarity encourages decision-making. The easier you make things for your visitors the more likely they will turn into customers.
WAYS TO INCORPORATE MINIMALISM INTO YOUR WEBSITE
- Reduce the number of elements. Consider where potential customers will look when visiting your site. If there are a lot of different elements on your page, it may get confusing.
- Don’t overload your website with meaningless or unnecessary content. Minimalist website designs focus on a few core elements to give the user only what they need.
- Simplify your navigation bar, keeping the links to a minimum and making it easy to find what is
being looked for.
- Use whitespace to make page contents/services stand out.
- Use simple color blocks to divide interface functions and catch visitor’s attention.